Would My Child Benefit from a Virtual Session?
Why should you consider a Virtual Bridging® Session?
There are several reasons why you might want to give a virtual session a try.
- Distance: You literally can not get to our office because you are geographically distant.
- Schedules: The ever-changing hybrid schedule with school doesn’t allow you enough time to plan for a visit to the office.
- Behavior: Your child has a tough time transitioning out of their element. Working on some organizing movements in their familiar setting is easier on everyone.
- Covid Risk: Due to risk factors in the family you may not feel comfortable with an in-office session.
4 Ways a Virtual Session can help your child
If your child is experiencing any of these four challenges, a virtual session may be helpful:
- Developmental gaps where the addition of Bridging-based skills will support progress with your other therapies
- Challenging behaviors, especially anxiety or explosiveness
- Growing pains when legs decide to grow quickly and muscles are left really tight
- Injuries leaving a child in pain, even though nothing is broken
4 Benefits of a Virtual Session
Here are four unique benefits to experiencing a virtual session:
- Shorter Time: The sessions are 30 min. long so we focus on organizing one or two movement skills each time. Sometimes a slower approach is right for your child.
- Familiar Environment: You are able to work with your child in the familiar setting of your own home.
- Insights: You gain insight into the imbalances in your child firsthand as you become part of the team to assess and guide changes. We do the coaching, you do the moving.
- Learn a skill for home use: You can learn a specific movement to continue progress related to a developmental glitch from earlier years.
I can hear you asking, “How does a virtual session work and what can you actually do remotely?”
Next week I’ll share more about those details.
Our goal at Kinetic Konnections is to keep your body optimally organized to behave, focus, and be active for the things you enjoy in life. We love being able to offer alternatives to support your family in more flexible ways.